Quantum Matter in Mathematics and Physics
- Juven Wang (Harvard/IAS Princeton)
- Xiao-Gang Wen (MIT)
- Shing-Tung Yau (Harvard)
- Ryan Thorngren (Harvard/Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Yifan Wang (Harvard/Princeton)
Additional points of study and discussion will include:
- Topological gapped phases of matter and quantum anomalies: Bulk physics of Symmetry-Protected Topological state (SPTs), Symmetry-Enriched Topological Ordered state (SETs), and fractal or fractonic matter, with particular emphasis on higher-symmetries,sub-dimensional or subsystem symmetries, entanglement structures, and their boundary phenomena and dynamical constraints.
- Critical phenomena, gapless phases, and phase transitions: Emergent or approximate conformal field theories, interactions effects to Fermi surfaces, Weyl semimetal, high-temperature superconductor such as cuprate, and strange metal, or twisted bilayer graphenes.
- Non-perturbative effects in condensed matter and gauge theories: Applications to fractional quantum Hall states, quantum spin liquids and exotic lattice models, strong/weak interactions and beyond Standard Model physics.
On December 2-4, 2019 the CMSA will be hosting a workshop on Quantum Matter as part of our program on Quantum Matter in Mathematics and Physics.
The CMSA will also be hosting a weekly seminar on Quantum Matter/Quantum Field Theory. The seminar will take place from 10:30-12:00pm in room G10.
Here is a partial list of the mathematicians and physicists who have indicated that they will attend part or all of this special program as a visitor:
- Xie Chen, Caltech Condensed Matter
- Clay Cordova, University of Chicago
- Robert Gompf, UT Austin
- Po-Shen Hsin, Caltech
- Anton Kapustin , Caltech
- Ryohei Kobayashi, University of Tokyo
- Zohar Komargodski , SCGP SUNY
- Kantaro Ohmori, SCGP SUNY
- Erich Poppitz, University of Toronto
- Michael Pretko, UC Boulder
- Shu-Heng Shao, IAS
- Yuya Tanizaki, North Carolina State University
- David Tong, University of Cambridge
- Chong Wang, Perimeter Institute
- Yizhuang You, UCSD