CMSA is located at 20 Garden Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on the corner of Garden Street and Berkeley Street. A 10-minute walk from Harvard Square, CMSA is easily reached by public transportation.
Via Public Transportation
-By Subway: Take the “T” (MBTA) Red line to Harvard Square and refer to Walking Directions, below.
-By Bus: There are many bus lines that go directly to Harvard Square. Click here to access MBTA bus schedules and view trip planning software.
CMSA is a short walk from the Harvard Square “T” stop on the Red line. Exit the “T” at the Church Street exit and head northeast for around 75 feet. Turn left toward Massachusetts Avenue for about 85 feet, and then turn right onto Massachusetts Avenue. Walk on Massachusetts Avenue for around 210 feet and then slight left onto Garden Street. After 0.3 miles of walk, CMSA building will be on your left. It is a two-story red brick house right next to Sheraton Commander Hotel. The main entrance of the building is on Garden Street.
Driving Directions from Boston Logan International Airport
- Take I-90 West (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Exit 20 Cambridge/Brighton.
- Take the ramp towards Cambridge/Somerville.
- Turn left on Soldiers Field Road.
- Take the Harvard Square/Cambridge exit and turn right.
- Go over the Charles River onto John F. Kennedy Street.
- Proceed through four sets of lights through Harvard Square keeping the Harvard Coop on your left and Out of Town Newsstand on your right.
- Proceed through the 5th set of lights and get into the left lane. Bear left where the road dips below street level and forks. You will come back up to street level.
- At the traffic light, turn left and then immediately turn right onto Garden Street.
- CMSA Building is located at 20 Garden Street about two and a half blocks ahead on the left, on the corner of Garden Street and Berkeley Street.
Parking is extremely limited in and around Harvard Square. If you do not have pre-arranged parking or if you do not have time to search for a parking spot at a meter, we strongly recommend taking public transportation or taxi.
For visitors or conference attendees, several lodging options are available nearby and are listed from least to most expensive (prices subject to change).
Studio Allston Hotel, 2.2 miles from CMSA
Freepoint Hotel Cambridge,1.3 miles from CMSA
Irving House, 0.8 miles from CMSA
Porter Square Hotel, 1.4 miles from CMSA
Hotel Veritas Inn, 0.7 miles from CMSA
Harvard Square Hotel, 0.5 miles from CMSA
Sheraton Commander, next door to CMSA
The Charles Hotel, 0.5 miles from CMSA