The CMSA will host a 3-day workshop on cosmological signatures of fundamental physics. The workshop will be held in room G10 of the CMSA, located at 20 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA.
The next decade will see a wealth of new cosmological data, which can lead to new insights for fundamental physics. This upcoming data will span the entire history of the cosmos, from the era prior to big-bang nucleosynthesis to the inner Galactic structure today, including the intervening eras of recombination and cosmic dawn. Often, beyond-standard-model (BSM) physics will leave imprints in more than one of these eras. Thus, it is timely to gather experts in BSM physics across the entire cosmic history to exchange ideas and develop joint and powerful probes of new physics. For this program, it will be crucial to have an overlap of particle physicists, astrophysicists and cosmologists. There are a number of tools and techniques being actively developed across these disciplines. The workshop aims to provide a platform for efficient exchange of these new ideas.
The first day we will discuss sub-Galactic probes, including Gaia data and gravitational waves. The second day we will cover cosmological probes, such as the cosmic microwave background and the 21-cm line. The third day we will discuss early Universe probes, such as inflation and phase transitions. Every day the meeting will begin with a pedagogical blackboard talk plus an overview talk, followed by about 4 talks on more specific topics.
- Lisa Randall
- Matt Reece
- Shing-Tung Yau
- Yacine Ali-Haimoud, NYU
- Mustafa Amin, Rice University
- Xingang Chen, Harvard University
- Francis-Yan Cyr-Racine, University of New Mexico
- Francesca Chadha-Day, University of Cambridge
- Jiji Fan, Brown University
- Daniel Grin, Institute for Advanced Study
- Anson Hook, University of Maryland
- Junwu Huang, Perimeter Institute
- Hongwan Liu, NYU
- Gustavo Marques-Tavares, University of Maryland
- Guilherme Pimentel, University of Amsterdam
- Tracy Slatyer, MIT
- Lian-Tao Wang, University of Chicago